Nibbles and Yum-Yums: August 13, 2010
I’ll be honest here: The movie Inception lost me about halfway through when that one guy started floating around the hotel room. I’m definitely planning on watching it again, especially now that I’ve read this insightful analysis of how it relates to self-improvement. I just love it when creative people take something, break it apart, and turn it into something new and cool. Dragos Roua is known for this.
Be My Guest
I’ve done some guest posts recently on a few awesome blogs so click on through if you’re so inclined and read more from me in other places:
- Changing Fields: Advice from a Career Coach (on Ms. Career Girl)
- Discomfort and Growth (on Illuminated Mind)
- How to Stay Focused When Plans Keep Changing (on Dumb Little Man)
FREE Job Interview Success Kit
The mastermind behind Ask a Manager has just created a brand new downloadable guide called “How to Prepare for an Interview: Boost Your Confidence, Impress Your Interviewer and Get a Job.” It includes a ton of good stuff including a 4-step process for interview prep, a tip sheet to help you get in the right frame of mind, and a list of questions to ask in the interview (that always seems to trip people up). And here’s the best part: It’s free.
My Newest Buddies
As most of you know, I recently attended a retreat in Portland, Oregon. I met so many great people, I feel like I stumbled into a hidden world of new and fabulous wonders. Now, I just want to share my treasures with the world! Meet the crew from the Lift Off Retreat and say “hi” if you’re interested. Don’t be shy…they’re all exceptionally approachable people.
- Pamela Quinn, owner of Elemental Om, the cutest little yoga studio in Cincinnati
- Jeff Moriarty, aka The Social Media Spirit Guide or “no pants”. Google him for the story.
- Andre Blackman, the man behind Pulse + Signal, healthcare innovation activist and storyteller, will host live events with Bill Clinton one day.
- Carol Ross, master elicitor of great stories, inspiring career coach and entrepreneur doing great work.
- Tzaddi Gordon, web sculptor, artist extraordinaire of ThriveWire Media and my favorite Canadian.
- Heidi Dobbs, generosity-driven business strategist and helper mouse
- David Billings aka SparkyFirepants, artist and creative genius. Full of CHEER in the best way possible 😉
Photo Credit: Picture of a monster cat eating ice cream via Niklas (Flickr)