What Does “Eat Your Career” Mean?
The idea for Eat Your Career came about when our founder, Chrissy Scivicque, a certified nutritionist and certified career coach, suddenly realized that career advice and nutrition advice aren’t all that different. Depending on your habits and choices, you can create a nourishing, satisfying experience or you can find yourself hungry and unfulfilled. This idea was first explored in these two articles: The Fast Food Career and The Slow Cooked Career.
Members of the Eat Your Career community share a few core beliefs that shape our understanding of the role Career plays in Life:
1. Work can be a delicious, nourishing life experience (not just a paycheck).
2. You don’t ever have to “settle” for work that harms your personal life or health (mental, physical, emotional or spiritual).
3. Work and life are inescapably interconnected (no matter how hard you try to “compartmentalize”).
4. Your career is part of your identity, but not ALL of it.
5. Career transitions—whether big or small—are as emotional as they are tactical. To succeed, you must honor both sides.
6. Great careers don’t just happen. You have to be willing to do the work and take the risk.
7. Regardless of economic conditions, there are always opportunities waiting to be found.
9. You always have the power to change your career circumstances, and by doing so you can change your entire life.
Agree? Join the community. Sign up for FREE access to the Career Resources Library and grab your copy of the e-workbook called “How Nourishing Is Your Career?” plus dozens of additional professional development resources. Learn more here >>