LinkedIn Training & Services
Did you know…?
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 150 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- Executives from all 2011 Fortune 500 companies are on LinkedIn.
If you’re not on LinkedIn and actively using it, you’re missing out on one of the most useful professional networking and career development tools available. Even if you’re not currently searching for a new job or new clients, NOW is the time to get started.
Online networking is the same as in-person networking: you don’t want to wait until you “need” something (a job, a reference, a client, etc.) to engage with people. You have to develop strong relationships first.
LinkedIn is THE place to network online and create lasting, powerful professional relationships.
I know “social networking” might not be your thing. You don’t have to be on Twitter or Facebook…but as a professional, you simply can’t afford to ignore this one.
In one recent study, 91% of prospective employers said they screen applicants by checking their social networks (43% use LinkedIn specifically for this purpose)
We offer a variety of services designed to help professionals take advantage of the web’s most popular site for professional networking and career advancement.
Option 1: Training
Wondering where to begin? If you’re not familiar with the online networking world, have no fear. We’ll show exactly how it works and how to use it to meet YOUR needs. Don’t run the risk of making a mistake that will harm you down the road. Get started with an expert on your side.
In one 90-minute session, you’ll learn:
- How to set up your account with the appropriate settings for your unique circumstances
- How to create a powerful profile that speaks to your professional abilities and goals
- How to connect with others (people you know in real life as well as those you don’t)
- How to interact with your connections to strengthen the relationship
- How to join the right groups and what to do once you’re in
- How to ask for (and give) references (and why it’s critically important!)
- How to find new professional opportunities like jobs, clients, referrals, etc.
- How to set up your profile so it will be found by the right people (employers, clients, colleagues, etc.)
NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Option 2: Profile Creation
Your LinkedIn profile is a representation of your brand and your skills. In some cases, it’s also a representation of your company. It’s just as important as your resume and cover letter (maybe even MORE important).
Whether or not you’re actively looking for a new job or new clients, your profile has to be up to date, complete and well written. When (not if!) a prospective client, colleague, employer or great new acquaintance finds you on LinkedIn, you want them to see you for the professional you are. Your profile is the key to creating a lasting impression. It’s also the key to getting FOUND. You have to use the right keywords if you want prospective employers, clients, and colleagues to actually find you.
The one thing you don’t want to do is simply drop in a laundry list of stuff…this isn’t just a rehash of your resume. And you don’t want to just casually write a few lines that look like you didn’t take it seriously.
If your writing skills aren’t top notch, if you’re struggling to clearly articulate your personal brand, or if you’re just not that familiar with how LinkedIn works, do yourself a favor and invest in some help.
We’ll put together a compelling profile, full of personality. It will shine the light on your skills and background, giving you a distinct professional edge. Using keywords, we’ll make sure the right people find you. Whether it’s a prospective employer, potential client or new contact, your profile will create a positive, powerful and lasting impression on all who see it.
- One-on-one consultation
- Complete, well-crafted LinkedIn Profile (provided to you in MS Word format)
- One round of revisions
Option 3: Profile Critique
If you’ve already taken the time to put together a profile on your own, but you’re not sure it’s up to snuff, let us give you an honest, professional critique and provide invaluable recommendations.
We’ll advise you on:
- Accessibility and keyword use
- Personal branding and voice
- Specific areas for improvement or greater emphasis
- Ability to keep the reader’s interest
- Questions and potential red flags for prospective employers
NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE